How to stop google from flagging my site as Dangerous/Fishing.

SiteNotWorking
Go to solution Solved by requinix,

I created a daily fantasy sports page as a side project. I have a registered domain with GoDaddy. I have a free cloudfare account that redirects traffic to my my 000webhost page. The webpage has an SSL certificate. I am assuming it is getting flagged by the way I am saving information from the user. On one page, the user can adjust a players projection and save the changes. If the user leaves my site and comes back, there projections will be still saved. I am accomplishing this by making having a folder on my webhost called "userconfigs". When they go to my site a duplicate of the projections.csv and saving it as [their IP ADDRESS].csv. When they go back to the page, it checks if they already have a file, and if they don't it creates them one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

session_start();

$user_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

// Define the folder where CSV files are stored
$csvFolder = 'userconfigs/';

// Define the CSV file path with the user's IP as the name
$csvFilePath = $csvFolder . $user_ip . '.csv';

// Check if the user's IP .csv file already exists
if (!file_exists($csvFilePath)) {
    // Input file path
    $input_file_path = 'test.csv';  // Replace with your CSV file path

// Check if the input file exists
    if (file_exists($input_file_path)) {
        // Read the contents of the CSV file
        $csv_contents = file_get_contents($input_file_path);

// Write the contents to the output CSV file with the user's IP as the name
        file_put_contents($csvFilePath, $csv_contents);

echo "Player Data File Created";
    } else {
        echo "Input file does not exist.";
    }
} else {
    echo "User Player Data File Loaded";
}

22 minutes ago, requinix said:

Have you tried looking into whether your assumption is correct? What do you get if you plug your site into their reporting tool?

I get Current Status: This site is unsafe
The site #### contains harmful content, including pages that: Try to trick visitors into sharing personal info or downloading software.

The site is only a couple days old. I have looked over the files. The are not many as everything was built from scratch and I do not have any wordpress or other files installed. Simply my background image, homepage(index.html),settings page(settings.html), process_upload.php(my table generation code) and test.csv(game projections). I have submitted several reports to google stating I do not know why it is being flagged. On my own browser, I have removed the Google Safe Browsing so I don't have to deal with the Dangerous warning, but obviously other users will be put off by it. (After removing the google safe browsing) you still see the icon lock that says website is secure.) Just kind of at a loss and it is discouraging.

site.png

security.png

• Solution

If I plug your site into that reporting link I gave earlier, it says there's nothing wrong. And if I visit it in my browser, it has no complaints.

Has the problem gone away? Because unless you can find out why the site is (was) marked as unsafe, it'll be hard to fix it to be safe.

It does appear to be working now. I am not honestly sure what has caused the fix. I cleared the tmp files in the tmp folder that has user session information. I also deleted all the CNAMES in cloudfare and redid them. Hopefully, that all did the trick for good. Appreciate all your responses. Have a good weekend!

Edited by SiteNotWorking