MicroShaft Developer Toolbar

tomfmason

A friend of mine on the irc channel pointed this out to me earlier..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

I guess that it supposed to be like FF's error/javascript console. It should allow us to view DOM selections and much more.. This should make debugging IE's crap a little easier..

Tom

Can't say I noticed any complaints in Toms post... As far as I see it, being "anti-Microsoft" is not a craze either, people have been against their products and business model/work ethics from the beginning, although I personally like them and what they have done for the industry - But that is not for this topic, we are discussing a plug-in for MSIE.

The general consensus is that MSIE is a bitch to develop for, most likely due to it's lack of effort in the standards compliancy area, so this tool does help out somewhat - Although I've had a similar one installed for a while now, thanks for posting it up.

[quote author=StrangeWill link=topic=121812.msg502100#msg502100 date=1168509067]
*whine whine bitch bitch complain complain*
[/quote]

Well just look at what Microsoft is doing. They have completely changed several things this year. Many of our css hacks for IE6 are no good  with IE7. Also, the new formats for the office documents. I personally like office 2007 but the formats have completely change in several of those apps and they are not really back-wards compatible.

Tom

[quote author=tomfmason link=topic=121812.msg502273#msg502273 date=1168527186]I personally like office 2007 but the formats have completely change in several of those apps and they are not really back-wards compatible.[/quote]
In fact I guess it would be the "old" versions that are not forwards compatible as Office 2007 has full support for the old formats.

And for the topic: It seems like it could be pretty useful. Can't figure out how to get the javascript debugging feature to work though. I like the new way you are able to view the source with the extension.

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=121812.msg502477#msg502477 date=1168543307]
[quote author=tomfmason link=topic=121812.msg502273#msg502273 date=1168527186]I personally like office 2007 but the formats have completely change in several of those apps and they are not really back-wards compatible.[/quote]
In fact I guess it would be the "old" versions that are not forwards compatible as Office 2007 has full support for the old formats.
[/quote]

Microsoft's way of expanding their monopoly - they want to make sure that everybody buys their new software.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.