Time Limit on editing posts..

I like the idea but I think that it is set way to low.. I just made a post and attempted to edit less then 5 minutes later but got the message that the time limit had passed. As I said I like the idea but would it be possible to extend that a little maybe 10 minutes or so?

Thanks,
Tom

A lot of thought has gone into the timing of that feature.  If you need to make an edit more than 2 minutes after the initial post, please make a new post.  It will avoid a LOT of confusion for a lot of instances.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I think there is a way to do it. Just get the time of entering the new data and keep it in session. When user tries to edit it....compare the current time with the session.....when the time diff is more than 2 minutes allow the user to edit....else just echo the user that the data is not ready and redirect the user back to the original page. hope it works.

[quote author=ananda link=topic=121853.msg527341#msg527341 date=1171304649]
Hi,

I think there is a way to do it. Just get the time of entering the new data and keep it in session. When user tries to edit it....compare the current time with the session.....when the time diff is more than 2 minutes allow the user to edit....else just echo the user that the data is not ready and redirect the user back to the original page. hope it works.
[/quote]

Uhm... isn't that how it's done already? :-\

[quote author=ananda link=topic=121853.msg527341#msg527341 date=1171304649]
[/quote]

There wasn't a question of how to do it.  We're not going to hack SMF to modify this feature.

Thread closed, this is a dead topic.