Adding a "Completed", "Paid", "Filled" label to Freelancing Board

It might be nice to have a button similar to the "SOLVED" button for the regular forums for the freelancing board. I've contacted a couple from listings off that board only to find that they had already found help. This, of course, does require the posters to mark it "PAID", or "COMPLETE" or whatever. But I think it could help in cleaning up the board a little. Thoughts?

[quote author=neylitalo link=topic=122260.msg504086#msg504086 date=1168716750]
I believe we allow the original poster to delete their posts in that board, so they don't have to deal with those situations - but I don't think they really care too much. It's not their own time they're wasting.
[/quote]Very true. Still, it would be nice for us "would-be freelancers". Just a thought!

No you are right neylitalo, the OP does have permission to delete his/her own thread in the freelance forum.  In fact, a regular member has pretty much full mod rights to his own thread in freelance. As a regular member, you can:

-post a topic
-lock your topic
-remove your topic
-edit posts in your topic (even if it's not yours)
-delete posts in your topic (even if it's not yours)

The only things you cannot do are things like sticky, announce, split, merge, etc.. your own topic.

Even though these permissions aren't exactly common knowledge to avg. Joe freelance seeker, most people know they can at the very least edit their post to say it's been filled, and as neylitalo pointed out, most people don't even bother, so there's really no point in bothering to put a [FILLED] style mod there.

Agreed. This might be a mood point as well, but how about adding an "Expiration Date" to posts in the freelance forum? Have the posts automatically deleted after X days or weeks (since they really don't contain any information that would be referenced, aside from "programmer for hire" posts). I suppose I'm really trying to propose a way to help keep the board more current.

^ yeah c4, there just isn't the activity to justify even that.  I mean, like I said before, things like that look good on paper, but the reality of it is that there just isn't the activity there to justify it.  There really isn't anything formal or professional at all about that forum.  It's just kind of there for completeness' sake. 

Personally, I would like to see a freelance section added to the main site that [i]would[/i] be more professional, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.