Required fields color change

DBookatay

I've seen forms where if you hit submit and any of the required fields were left blank, the field names for each has a message, right on the form.
Like "Name" would return: "Please enter your name," and so on...

A good example is [url=http://myhosting.com/Contact/Default.asp]http://myhosting.com/Contact/Default.asp[/url]

Anyone have any ideas what I mean, or how to accomplise this?

PHP can be used in this situation.

<form method="post">
<input type="text" name="oh" /> <?=$oh;?>
<input type="submit" />
</form>

That was an example of HTML.

[code=php:0]
<?PHP
$oh = (isset($_POST['oh']) && (strlen($_POST['oh'])) > 5) ? 'Please enter more than five characters' : '';
?>
[/code]

[quote author=trochia link=topic=122891.msg507484#msg507484 date=1169086206]
And you have a problem buying software?..<laugh>  If it works, does what you want EXACTLY...isn't it worth it?

:-)
[/quote]

You're kidding me right?
Have you ever downloaded an mp3, or a movie, or a template?

No, I am not...
1) no on the mp3,
2) no on the movie
3)template only if offered for free

4) I don't pirate ~~

5)  Install some BB or Chat systems...  as you will notice, many of them "do EXACTLY" what you want...kick you back out, hight/change the color...then "pirate" that code ..

:-)

So you're not willing to pay for a product you want? Why is software not worth buying, but clothes and food are? Or do you think clothing should be free too. If you can make your own clothing, awesome, if not you should buy it and support the people who can.

Get it? Good. Buy the software if it's what you want, or research AJAX and do it your self and value the freaking time it takes.

This is a very simple thing to do.

G__F__D already gave you the basic reply... Of course, if you can't do it or don't know how to do it you may need someone to assist you, I'm pretty sure you'll find zillion people here who can... (I know I can do it for you cheap, let's say $5 a piece if you need a whole bulk of forms or $20 for one... hehehe).

Anyways, You can PM me if you want to hire me ;) I can even do it in ajax if you want to (for a little extra fee).

But seriously, follow G__F__D's solution and you'll be fine.

[quote author=jesirose link=topic=122891.msg507494#msg507494 date=1169087381]
Buy the software if it's what you want, or research AJAX and do it your self and value the freaking time it takes.
[/quote]

No my dear jesirose,

This is supposed to me a help forum, not a place to bash someone.... I don't want to buy a piece of software because that wont teach you how to do this, it will only do it for you... I learned html years ago, and am now learning php by example! By looking at code and seeing how it works... By asking questions, and usually getting really intelligent answers from extremely smart people who are willing to help, not by buying a piece of software that will do all the coding for me, or by paying someone to do it for me.

I offered two options. You said you'll do one, but said No to me. Wait, is this the tri-state boolean?
Research AJAX and do it yourself...then when you need help, post for help in the AJAX forum. Thus...LEARNING it yourself. People are more than willing to help, you got several helpful answers, and you brought up the for-sale software and your problem with paying for it.

I was bashing you attitude towards pirating software, mp3s, etc. The only piracy I enjoy involves doubloons and men in eyeliner.

Lastly, I am not your dear.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.