ajax/javascript libraries

Ninjakreborn

for simple stuff (ie, just updating, no fancy tricks), I just use a bit of my own code for AJAX. When it gets a bit more complex or I'm looking for something special, then [url=http://script.aculo.us/]script.aculo.us[/url] is great. having said that, i've also been looking at [url=http://mootools.net/]mootools[/url] too.

Well basic/intermediate javascript is easy.  However I am not too good at writing functions in javascript, so building a javascript library for me is very, very hard.  I never get angry with anything else, but with javascript I always end up getting steaming mad, and hellaciously pissed.  I loved it when I first started it, but after doing php, then coming back to it, I sometimes get stuck for day's at a time.  So I am thinking for anything I need a library for, use smoething already built.  I will take a look at the 2 you offered, thanks for those.

I will probably end up using script.Whatever.us the one that was presented.  For most of my javascript, and ajax.  I want open rico too, because I see some stuff it can do, those are the 2 I will end up using.  That should cover all of my needs.

Right now, does anyone know of one that is heavily used to handle validation.
Some of the validation affects, like showing the words beside the text, I like the multiple validation, having it validated onchange, then having a summary at the end, that let's them see what errors each part had.  Something that has functions for validation in javascript.
I write my for it, but have always had aggravations with javascript functions, I get them to work, but after a long time, and havnig them for multi-purpose situations don't work well for me in javascript normally.

What I need is to be able to easily validate emails, and date's, and whatever else like that in javascript.  As well as just being able to put (into an array) what variables need to be filled out)
whatever I can find to handle validation that's portable, and easily used in any situation.

Also I have been looking into Object Oriented Javascript, is this something that works really throughout all browsers, or is browser support limited on Javascript OOP.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.