iniset()

Ninjakreborn

Looking here [url=http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list]http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list[/url] as well as the main page in the manual that talks about ini set you can set anything that has the values of
[quote]PHP_INI_ALL or PHP_INI_USER[/quote]

What my current problem is, I don't see ini_set actually working.

Does it really change register globals to off, if you don't have ini access.

At the reference manual it says I can turn off magick quotes.  Is this correct, because when I ran iniset before I end up still getting the slashes added during development.

ini_set does not affect register_globals.

If you go to the appendix it tells you to and click on register_globals you'll see

[quote]register_globals  boolean

Whether or not to register the EGPCS (Environment, GET, POST, Cookie, Server) variables as global variables.

As of PHP 4.2.0, this directive defaults to off.

Please read the security chapter on Using register_globals for related information.

[b]Please note that register_globals cannot be set at runtime (ini_set()). Although, you can use .htaccess if your host allows it as described above. An example .htaccess entry: php_flag register_globals off.
[/b]
        Note: register_globals is affected by the variables_order directive.

This directive was removed in PHP 6.0.0. [/quote]

I need to look and see if I can find some reference material on the internet that will tell me what the ini_set () function supports.  Based on the php.net manual, anything that is listed as those 2 type's are editable by the ini_set () function.  Is there a better resource that I can find that will make sure I know which one's it affects, and does not affect.  Do you have any feedback, on any possible good resources to find that information out definitely?

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=124782.msg517537#msg517537 date=1170199157]
I need to look and see if I can find some reference material on the internet that will tell me what the ini_set () function supports.[/quote]

Agreed. Other than the manual, please post what you find so as to benefit other readers of this thread.

[quote author=businessman332211 link=topic=124782.msg517537#msg517537 date=1170199157]
Based on the php.net manual, anything that is listed as those 2 type's are editable by the ini_set () function.  Is there a better resource that I can find that will make sure I know which one's it affects, and does not affect.
[/quote]

I suspect you'll find the consensus is that the php manual [b]is[/b] the best resource for php information - especially when you take the time to read and understand the relevant user-submitted comments.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.