gallery

jcombs_31

Its ok. A few points:

You use the same heading above the images itself - "Latest Images". This should change depending on what you are looking at from the Left Vertical Nav. I.e. "Latest Images" should change to "Most Recent Images" and "Galaxies Gallery" and "Nebulae Gallery" on the appropriate pages.

When viewing a larger version of an image - I would like either a "Back" button or a shuffle (forward, reverse) button. Its just that currently one has to click Back on the browser to go back to where they were. And again - for the larger version of the image - you could change the heading "Latest Images" to something more appropriate like: "Nebulae Gallery :: M22".

-steve

Thanks steviewdr, I completely forgot about that part and for some reason I did not catch it.  I will definitely fix it as I intended to have it.

I will also add the back button like I used to have, but I did not like it above the image because it seemed to break the flow of the layout a little. I'm debating how I really want to do it.  I want to also add the option to add images to the shopping cart, but I have not done that until I build the cart.  In addtion I'm still working on the commenting sytem.

Overall, I want a critique on how it looks to this point, function is still a work in progress. I haven't even done the gallery search feature yet.

Well - as always - looks nice and snazzy.

The Titles of the images look a little of out place. I would at least center align the title (M2 etc.) under the image, and perhaps style it a bit more, and place it with less padding underneath the image.

Finally - on another note, I would like to see or to be made more apparent - that these are REAL photos! From looking at them, and having seen some dudes do similar star paintings on the streets etc. with spray cans, I think you should put a note, or make a little more apparent that these are "real life" photos. Maybe its just me. Anyhoo.

-steve

I had the titles center, but there is going to be a couple icons that will be right aligned under each image (e.g., add to cart, view details), so I'm just preparing for that which will balance it out.  I will try decreasing the padding a little and see how it looks.

As far as 'real' photos.  That really isn't necessary. This community of people are well aware of the realism.  I think the descriptions under the large image should also make it apparent, as well as everything on the site related to astrophography and the equipment used. Stating the obvious wouldn't make much sense. I also would love to know where you've seen someone do this on the street with a spray can.

I'm not crazy about the little image under the title portions of the image details.  Looks kind of cheesy.  Other than that, I think it's looking great.

Small note: on the "add a comment" section, at least in opera:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thats sound.

I seen these dudes on street corners in Spain doing these paintings. Here are some YouTubes of them:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7802741380356290229&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1246174515665636969&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=undefined

Obviously they are a little OTT - but they create some nice similar effects to stars and moons etc.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.