Need help from someone with a sence of style

supermerc

Hey Im working on this banner for my site but im having trouble with the color of my font.

This is the banner im working on:

bannergs6.gif

But I cant really have my text green and my background green too.  Anyone has any advices on colors or gradients i could use?

I think you made great job...

Depends what is the focus point of your banner .. personally i think that text Random is seen after really look in the banner.. If it is a logo it is cool... If it is just a banner I think text should get more persons' attention.

can you give an idea of what your site will be? that would possibly change things.

personally (regardless of the site), i see a black/dark blue gradient where the green is right now, and the "Random" standing out in colour (sunset/flames/etc). Like a proper sky with something glowing in it.

It looks good as it is tho, I just dunno how it fits around the site and intended content. Then it might be a different story altogether.

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.