Hosting Problems

phpfan

Hi all

I have a huge problem with my hosting provider (www.registerfly.com - NOT RECOMMENDED) as they refuse to answer any of my emails and there phones do not seem to work. I am very disappointment by them and i do not know what to do. They even do not answer my email when i ask them to transfer my domain name in other hosting company... i also have an amount of money in my online account which i cannot use. They totally ignore me... My domain expires in a mount and i had to take some action before is too late as i am afraid that i will lost my domain name (i have read that they are used to "steal" and re-seller domain names or deny access to there owners). Any ideas...

Thats a pity :(

Im not sure is there a "Domain Transfer" service a new hosting provider might offer. I think its a service, whereby a new hosting provider will go after your domain name and transfer it for you. (Note: this could be only for country domain names, e.g. .ie etc.)

Ive no idea apart from that.

-steve

I am from Cyprus, a small island in the Mediterranean sea, but we are members of the European union so they may have some regulations about it, but because i am currently leave in UK as i am student i don't know where i can refer to...

Unless your host is their own ISP, report it to the ISP that the host uses.

I don't know about the regulatory bodies in the EU, but in the US we have the Better Business Bureau that you could report them to.

I would like first to try to transfer at least one of my register domains which is used from a company which has sponsor one of my projects for developing an e-commerce system based on some research that I have done… That domain name is very important to me and I don’t want to risk loosing it…. I currently don’t know any reliable domain and hosting provider, so if any of you who have experience in this area suggest me a provider i will appreciate it very much....

I know that the transfer can be done by almost every domain resistant but i would like one that a member of phpFreaks has used for a long time and really believes that they are reliable... Anyway thank you very much for your suggestion tomfmason i will check your recommendation.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

GODADDY.COM I love them! Awesome service and the only service provider I know that had commercials in a super bowl. Gotta love them!

I have used them for almost a year now and I don't have a problem with them. If you forget to pay for a domain, they hold it for you for a period of 90 days where you can pay a 80 dollar fee and get it back. This is like a last resort type of thing. They also have a great hosting servers and the best email support.

The only issue I had with them so far is that my server was down for like an hour. But they quickly got it up and running. - maybe I was daydreaming because I barely noticed it in my traffic stats.

DO NOT use 1and1.com becuase they steal too. I inputted a few cool domain names and they sold the names for a few hundred dollars - they were good names.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.