Anti-Bullying Website for Paradigm Options

Guardian-Mage

I recently was awarded the job of designing and programming an anti-bullying website for paradigm options. It was an interesting task as the website is hosted by Allura Communications and their server supports ASP, while my specialty is PHP. Nevertheless I completed the website and would like to know what you all think. I did not type up any of the messages, I coded it, and designed it. Please don't criticize the writing.

http://bully.allura.com/web20/

Please note that it is supposed to be kid friendly and catch your eye

the fact it seems you had to justify the colours/eyecatchiness, etc kinda stated up front that you yourself may already see problems with it.

it is pretty bright but otherwise quite plain. maybe you'd be good to take a look at sites aimed at the age group you're targeting and taking idea of the design, notably the use of bright colours. the colours you have could POSSIBLY remain, but not in the large doses they exist in at the moment.

take a look here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/

i'm not a massive fan of the BBC as a company, but their sites are second to not many - in this case, that's a sub-site with children/young teens as target audience, yet manages to look quite "grown up" and professional and hence not at all patronising.

Like I say - try and find a few benchmarks and popular sites for your target audience and figure out what they're doing and why it works.

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.