Letter/word Homophones

Has there been a recent mod to the site where the letter that follows "Q" in the alphabet is replaced with "are" and the letter that follows "T" is replaced with "you"?  Presumably, this is to curb SMS-speak.  As much as I dislike the incomprehensible, awkward writing of these products of American public schools and media, this mod makes it really hard to, say, type an MSDOS CR/LF in "\r\n" notation (see?).  I've also seen the bb-code be broken by this, notably the underline (although not in this case it seems).

<?php
print_r($phrases = array(
'Ur 2 cool!',
'The proper DOS/Win line terminator is \r\n.',
'RU seeing this?',
'[u]Underlined[/u]',
"Multi-line r\n\tor r"
));

echo'<hr>';
// Currently it seems to be implemented as follows:
print_r(preg_replace(
array(
	'/\bur\b/i',
	'/\bru\b/i',
	'/\bu\b/i',
	'/\br\b/i'),
array(
	'you are',
	'are you',
	'you',
	'are'),
$phrases)
);
echo'<hr>';
// But this is less aggressive:
print_r(preg_replace(array(
	'/(?<=\s|^)ur(?=\s|$)/im',
	'/(?<=\s|^)ru(?=\s|$)/im',
	'/(?<=\s|^)u(?=\s|$)/im', // This is supposed to be the letter that comes after T
	'/(?<=\s|^)r(?=\s|$)/im'), // This is supposed to be the letter that comes after Q
array(
	'you are',
	'are you',
	'you',
	'are'),
$phrases)
);
?>

It even does it in code tags?!  Stupid!

It is not a mod. Abbreviated words that are commonly used in txt speak are being converted into full English. It is using the built in word censor that comes with SMF.

I will have word with the Admins about this too. Especially if is breaking BBCodes.

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.