ok...come check out the site...honest opinions needed

ardyandkari

hey could you guys/ladies whatever go over to http://www.biotechair.com?

this is my new site.  still a little unfinished, but for the most part it is done.  working on site logo now, but still need to get it okayed by the owner. 

it was a template purchased from ecommercetemplates.com, so there wasnt too much fiddling with colors and whatnot, please give me your honest opinions.  thanks

it is basically finished...i believe that the only thing that i really need is the logo, which is going to be the same color scheme...

i have just one question though...why is it that when someone who has nothing on their page except the logo and a box where something will eventually go comes here for a critique, you might say, hey why dont you put more on the site? but then you give that person a critique anyways, where i come on with an almost completely finished site, just detail work now nothing big, and people just say, "finish it, then we'll critique"...

whats up with that???

well, usually people give critique on finished pieces. so i am assuming you made the script?

well here is my critique:

the colors go well together but i find it isnt really much of a template for a virtual shopping website. the font for the top links needs to be changed and the transparent images on the left really make me cringe.

other then those, the website looks nice and should be a good hit. hopefully you get a good logo. :P

it is basically finished...i believe that the only thing that i really need is the logo, which is going to be the same color scheme...

i have just one question though...why is it that when someone who has nothing on their page except the logo and a box where something will eventually go comes here for a critique, you might say, hey why dont you put more on the site? but then you give that person a critique anyways, where i come on with an almost completely finished site, just detail work now nothing big, and people just say, "finish it, then we'll critique"...

whats up with that???

Because a critique should be for work you've created yourself.  Downloading a template and adding a few products means you are asking for a critique on something you did not create.  There are really only a couple things on a template that you can change.  The first and most obvious would be your company logo and information.  The left column still shows the default template logo and "company name, address, city, phone".  This shows a complete lack of effort.

But, if you really want a critique, I think it looks pretty much like crap.  First, remove those very big and ugly W3C buttons.  Does a potential customer really care about whether or not this site validates, or even know what it means? 

Start with the main page, the few listed products are poorly organized. I don't even see a name or any information for the products.  There is no clear seperation or layout.

AboutUs.  Default Template Info

Products . Looks like crap, entire page is empty.

Affiliates . What's the point?  More template crap?

Search . Ok, search for the 10 products you have?

Contact.  Ok, I hit submit with nothing and nothing happens.

Is this the critique you were looking for?

The affiliates thing is very badly designed.

I just put a load of crap into it, and there wasn't any validation and i successfully registered.

I just randomly pressed keys and especially in the email bit, i didn't even need to put a valid address in, just a few letters, no @ or anything.

Secondly, the password part, what if a user puts an extra letter into their password by mistake? you need to make sure you have 2 password fields for confirmation.

Then we get to the spam bot control, well we don't actually get to it because there is none.

And thats just a quick look at the site, i don't expect the rest to be much better ::)

Well, I went into there. I opened the affiliate page, and registered.

I am not sure what my password is, because I entered about ten random characters, and my zip code has about 5#s, and 4 letters, which isn't good. Also my email, no @ sign, so when I selected the "Inform Me" I doubt it will send me an email.

Grand Total:  $282497175.00.

I think I spent too much on your website

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.