I'm in big trouble now ... maybe

AndyB

One of my not-so-wonderful clients is a chronic slow payer.  After sending an invoice/copy of the invoice for annual hosting every month for six months I explained that unless I received payment within four weeks I would suspend the hosting due to non-payment.

Four weeks went by, then two more weeks went by, and still no payment.  So I redirected the site to a simple page that said "Service suspended due to non-payment of account".

Two days later, I get a really snotty email and an even snottier voice mail message about how the site owner was in contact with the Better Business Bureau and intended to file a complaint with them.

So I forwarded a copy of each email and invoice I'd sent and asked that the site owner include those with the BBB complaint they were going to file, and offering to restore the hosting on receipt of the outstanding amount (see how fair I am?).

I'm not losing much sleep over this  ;D

You're not alone Andy, we get the same thing every so often. We usually suspend the site around two weeks after payment is due, if we don't hear anything still we get our debt collection company to receive the payment on our behalf, we then terminate the contract between ourselves and the client - They're not worth the hastle to us.

Strangely enough, my reasoned email generated a response along the lines of "Oh, I thought that .... and I've sent a check today to cover the outstanding amount".  Nothing even close to an apology for going off the deep end. Soon as the check clears I'll restore the site  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.