Is Your Website Portable Device Friendly?

phpQuestioner

Do You Design Your Sites/Pages To Be Portable Device Friendly?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Design Your Sites/Pages To Be Portable Device Friendly?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I Do Not Know

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Imagine a 2,000 page website - that becomes a 4,000 page website meaning you have to code twice as many pages....

2,000 pages and just a different style sheet for each media type ( so just 2 for screen and handheld)...

MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH.......... MUCH less work...

if you did know (it just means adding the media="handheld" to the end of the <link tag!) then you will still only have to create one extra page to serve on small devices insetad of replicating the 10 pages of your small site.

bottom line one extra css file is much less work than replication

bottom line one extra css file is much less work than replication

Absolutely!

That's the true beauty and actual work-horse of CSS.

I don't even bother with IE hacks anymore. I simply create an ie-only.css and use a conditional comment to sniff for IE in the page head.

Dave

Just so you know, IPHONE is not considered a handheld device. It has a full running mac computer software in it. So when you browse the web with the IPHONE it really renders the pages like a real computer.  :P

I don't bother with creating extra css for handheld devices. I don't have that many visitors anyway. LOL!  >:(

some wap enabled phones will actually use the screen media type instead of the handheld...

the iphone uses some cleaver bits and bobs to display a page as it would on a normal monitor but has the capability to magnify content.

bottom line is you can only provide the ability for devices to choose a style sheet that will render the page properly on the appropriate device - what the device actually does will either be a strength or weakness in its marketability...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.