New Design

Jessica

I would probably drop the "tested under firefox and IE" and all that, just make sure it works for them.

I like the layout, although the font-size is kinda big, but the overall impression is a nice layout which is easy to navigate. That is what most sites lack unfortunately, who wants to read 500 words to find a link to a page they are looking for, so I like the "one click" approach on sites.

Overall good job (who would have thought blue and green could work together)

It looks nice and clean, but a little boring.  I'm not sure what you mean by the first site with "graphics".  It is not very graphic intense and if you haven't used just a few images for a layout before, I'm not sure what you did especially as a web designer. 

In any case, it is hard to tell how it will look until you put some content in. As of now, i can tell the main content are will not look good if you plan to just throw a block of text in.  Content area really matters most so you need to throw in some dummy text and work on the rest.

jcombs that is just it, I am not a designer, I am a programmer. :)

Working on the text layout today.

Oh and here is the text layout for about:

http://grady.us/site_about.jpg

See, I only do the coding - I hired two different designers to do this one and couldn't get anything I could use out of them.

rcorelew - I think it's a teal :) I was going for red but I moved the wrong slider in PS and got this, it was cool :)

That may be debatable -I just like having text be text whenever possible because I hate opening Photoshop to make a spelling change or adding more text  ;D

Did you make the wallpaper/design in the banner yourself? Or is that something the designers did?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.