Education Level

xcasio

Something which could help you would be becoming a Zend Certified Engineer or perhaps studying computer science or a related field at a university. As Neal said, a PhD is in many countries the highest degree you can obtain, but that is certainly not necessary for "just" being a PHP developer. There are many great self-taught PHP developers that does not have any sort of formal education, but having some sort of degree related to your field of expertise might, however, help you get a job as you will have proof that you know something.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

I've never been asked for my non-existent High School Diploma

You've never felt bad for not going back to get your diploma? I've always felt I need to atleast finish college.

What is there to feel bad about? Not fitting into societies go to school propaganda? I started buying and selling construction equipment online, filling bids for Halliburton, NASA and the Lebanese Army when I was 19 years old when my friends were starting their first or second year of extended high-school general education Jr college. After having a fallout with the owner (this is when I learned the value of having a contract) of that company I went on and started a top ranking wholesale mortgage site specifically for subprime loans (when subprime was lucrative) and before the bottom fell out of that I was managing 7 account executives and feeding everyone with the website. That site wasnt even dynamic it was just SEO/HTML and some custom graphics.

What can I feel bad about when Im the one thats living? I feel bad for everyone that bought into the big lie.

To count from 0-9 instead of 1-10, Reading, writing, typing, computers, internet, U.S. constitution, firm skepticism of government, news media, religion and brainwashed peers.

The most important skill someone can have is the skill which enables a person to pick a topic and learn it or get a job and keep it, persistence.

The most important things I've learned contradict what a politically correct society would like to believe. And I would pass these things on:

0) Being patriotic does not mean chanting at a flag, agreeing with the president, or being blissfully ignorant.

1) The government, news media, and religion are full of lies and should never be trusted completely under any circumstances.

2) Weak people rely on the most common forms of government, news media and religion and concepts thereof to deal with complex problems or ideas.

3) Most people have no clue what is going on, what they want to do, or what they are talking about.

4) People that don't speak up get walked on or ignored completely.

That being said, I don't think Ill have kids, since teaching the U.S. constitution (right wing extremism) and skepticism of government would probably be viewed as terrorist training in todays America.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.