very nice company! do you have any experience like me?

teng84

I applied for a programmer position (LAMP,JAVA,PERL)last week and i asked 15-20k monthly salary but they gave me 25k a month... I was expecting like they will only give me 17k

hmm do you guys have the same experience?

Hmm... well living expenses differ throughout the world, but where I live an average full-time job would probably be around eight times higher (though I'm not exactly sure how much an "average" job would be paying).

It's pretty cool that the currency code is PHP though.

That's like 615.16 U.S a month or 7,381.92 U.S a year. No offense, but you wouldn't be able to afford taxes where I live.

I know but surely no company here will pay you that much.

the average salary of junior programmer here is 17-18k so im still lucky to have the offer imagine 3 company rejected my application because they cant afford my 18k salary but i was lucky enough to have this offer..

@thefilmgod our cost of living is very different AND look im not going to pay taxes in dollars so surely i can in my place

teng84 bro don't tell that here.

The top notch programmer here can earn $50 dollar per hour.

I'm not working under a company teng84 but i can earn much as you did.

Anyway i hope you are happy with that. good luck.

I hate company, smart people don't work under a company they run their own company or business.l

The top notch programmer here can earn $50 dollar per hour.

So I'm clear, you are talking about LAMP, etc..web developer, correct?

And you are talking about on this board as well?

I hate company, smart people don't work under a company they run their own company or business.l

While I agree, it's not necessarily 'smarter', maybe more self-sufficient, but that statement could be loaded with opinion, so I'll drop it, different things work for different people.

different things work for different people.

You are correct there my friend, well anyway as long teng84 is happy i'm happy for him also.

SALAMAT PRE...

But this is gonna be the last company that im going to work with next year I'll put up my own biz

working in a company really sucks. I just think I still need to learn a lot after learning the top Programming

languages I guess thats the time for me to "walk alone" I still need 1-2 years to be verse in JAVA,.net,PHP and C++

once i feel that im good with those language hmm

The reason why I work in a company is not about money but it is all about knowledge instead of paying and

reading tutorials about this languages. you'll learn it fast if you do it for a reason with A real good mentor to guide you.

I will be payed  while I'm learning  I believe thats fairly enough reason! ;)

No offense, but I'm making close to $1200 per month in U.S. dollars and I'm just a Geek Squad agent in retail working about 28-34 hours per week.  Apart from the horrible customer it is normally pop in thumb drive, load cd, change ram, reinstall OS, or ship to service store.  Pretty easy work.  I can only imagine how much I would make at a programming job...oh how I wish I was out of college!  I can say that no matter what my new job is, tech support or programming, if they don't pay at least as much as my Geek Squad job I won't take it.  If I'm 20 and already making figures like that, and was a manager of a video store before that, I think my experience should opt for at least that when I decide to take my Undergrad degree and move on!

No offense, but I'm making close to $1200 per month in U.S. dollars and I'm just a Geek Squad agent in retail working about 28-34 hours per week.  Apart from the horrible customer it is normally pop in thumb drive, load cd, change ram, reinstall OS, or ship to service store.  Pretty easy work.  I can only imagine how much I would make at a programming job...oh how I wish I was out of college!  I can say that no matter what my new job is, tech support or programming, if they don't pay at least as much as my Geek Squad job I won't take it.  If I'm 20 and already making figures like that, and was a manager of a video store before that, I think my experience should opt for at least that when I decide to take my Undergrad degree and move on!

Completely agree w/ you, but 14,400 US is still not that much money annually. A decent salary is around $50,000 a year.

Completely agree w/ you, but 14,400 US is still not that much money annually. A decent salary is around $50,000 a year.

I am 20, and make 47,000 a year as a computer tech.  I am trying to get into programming, but still have much to learn.  I do all the same things that steelmanronald does, plus I manage a group of tech, and work on phone equipment as well.  I thought that my salary was on the low side when I compare it to online sites, but I guess that I will be happy for what I make, as I see it can be a lot worse. 

You guys aren't taking in to account that this guy lives in a completely different world than us Americans.

Great salary, man. Congratulations on getting a lot more than you expected/planned to live on. Way to go! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.