merchant account providers

frikus

I made a phone cards online store for my client, it uses PayPal NVP API for charging.

The problem with the PayPal in my case is that 90% of orders are fraudulent.

Sometimes it's very hard to detect it, so they waste a lot of time and money.

This is from a blog by some Australian guy:

I’ve heard a lot of horror stories from other Paypal users. I’ve read through the chargeback policies at Paypal and while they do have a ‘department’ to deal with fraud, they make every effort to argue the case on behalf of their sellers and have an ‘industry leading’ low fraud rate I don’t feel 100% confident. They seem very reactive rather than proactive when dealing with credit card fraud. Their system doesn’t talk much about how they protect you from first taking fraudulent credit card orders, rather they help you to argue your case after a chargeback occurs. I know from experience that for online orders the merchant has little hope because the credit card company almost always is in favour of the cardholder.

Now my client wants to change PayPal to something else, but I'm not sure if this will help.

Also I'm working on another store and don't know what to recommend to my client.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.