animation program

asmith

hey guys

i wanna start to learn some animation. i wanted to know what program for creating animation (like 3D max studio) do you offer ?

i do prefer to start one hard and heavy program from zero  than starting from easy programs then switching to hard ones.

so what program will be my "the only one" ?

(i wonder what Pixar uses)

that was the answer to pixar question and the program you suggest ?

Neither. I've never used a 3D animation package before, but that was the only Open Source one I was aware of, so that you could give it a go without it costing you money, and the fact that it is used my a major studio to prove its worth. Just throwing it out there.

i see.

well in my country there's no copy right or something for softwares yet. you can buy photoshop , windows ... anything for 1$ . then again you can't find any original software (even if you wanna pay).

so in this case i just need to know the name, and that would cost 1$. but i really appreciate, you thought about how much it would cost for me, thanks!

iran.

now that you are intrested : 

some time later i went to buy photoshop.

i asked the shopkeeper: 

-i want photoshop, the latest version

-ok. here are photoshop cds.

-no, i want the original photoshop.

-these 2 cds are the original.

-oh ok, how much is it ?

-2 CDs , so 2 $.

he meant the "original cracked version" of photoshop.

lol as you see there are good cracked versions and bad cracked versions here, so you have choices between various of cracked version ;)

it was just something to make you smile, laugh , wonder or something! 

No, US/UK laws do only apply within US/UK territory. The same goes for all other national laws. Also see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parties_to_international_copyright_treaties

No, I meant, if someone in the UK/US were to purchase the software from, and have it sent from Iran to the UK/US.

no problem for me, i can send (post) whatever you want to your address, but at your own risk! ;)

Some of the leading programs are 3D Studio Max and Maya.  I've heard Maya is 'harder', but that doesn't necessarily mean more capable. 

If you're not looking for 3D animation specifically, you could try out flash. 

i never liked flash. it renders frames somehow i could never stand it.

plus i guess my final destination will be 3D animations. so maybe i pick 3d max.

but i do have intrest for 2d animations.

how they have made these old 2d games? i mean any specific softwares ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_copyright_issues

So, theoretically, it would be legal to own pirated software if it originated in Iran? Or does UK/US law make the purchase itself illegal?

I doubt it. I seem to remember a similar argument circulating about music downloads - if the server the music was being download from was in a country in which copyright laws were not enforced/did not exist, then there was nothing stopping people in other countries downloading the music. Im fairly sure it wasn't true, however.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.