Finding tutorial writers and paying them...

dooper3

I know there are plenty of fake tutorial writers out there, but does anyone know of good genuine ones and where to find them? How do most people check the authenticity of their work? Oh and what should I be looking to pay roughly per tutorial (PHP, HTML, CSS and JS)?

Thanks everyone. Be careful out there.

I have heard stories of someone writing "unique" tutorials, then selling them AND putting them on his own site. That is "fake" for a start. Or maybe immoral. But you get what I mean.

When buying textual content, ensure that you own the copyright to it. That way, the author cannot reuse the content without being sued by you.

If you plan on paying for tutorials for PHP, HTML, CSS and JS I would suggest you buy good books.  Books are more organized than tons of separate tutorials.  Also you can almost always find great tutorials free using google.

As for as how much to expect to pay per tutorial, that depends on the tutorial and what it covers.  A regex tutorial will probably cost more than a file uploads tutorial etc etc.

If you plan on paying for tutorials for PHP, HTML, CSS and JS I would suggest you buy good books.  Books are more organized than tons of separate tutorials.  Also you can almost always find great tutorials free using google.

I believe he wish to pay tutorial authors for the purpose of publishing the tutorials, not for using them himself.

It would take a lot of work to verify that someone is the true writer of that tutorial, plenty of emails, and a lot of trouble, but it's possible. Go search around on google and find a few good tutorials, or someone who claims to know a lot, and email them, pick their brain and see what you get.

I support the book idea, I prefer them anyway.

I don't know of any, rarely read the author ;D

Thank you all for your help, and yes, I was primarily looking for tutorials for content for my site, not to teach myself as I too prefer books. I just thought I could cut back on my workload by buying a few tutorials, but I think I might just play it safe and write them myself. Cheers for the copyspace link aswell SemiApocalyptic - I'll be saving that one!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.