Restaurant Website

ayok

- I kinda like the header as it blends nicely, but u should work on the images. U have two images of the same place from different angles which arent overlapping in a good way. Better extend only the first image to full width.

- I would lower the roundness on the page container, and also u havent them fit very correctly.

- That fish seems like out of place as a logo. Probably cos its too cartoony.

- The menu has some glitches on the side.

Its definitely not the best site ive seen, but if ure an amateur designer then its quite good. Otherwise u got lots of work to do :P

First off, Load time was LONGGGG.... I have DSL (1.5mb down) and it took a good 10-15 seconds... Not super long but not fast enough... I can't read German so I'm no help on that... I'm not sure I like the roundness of everything. Kinda makes me feel like I'm in a bubble. I think its overused nowadays anyways. Mix it up... throw some hard lines in there too.

Your "Onze Links" in the left pane in FF2 at http://www.bunakeninternational.nl/beach/menu/lunch.php bounce around on hover. Same effect in IE7 but not as pronounced. Things are perfect in Opera though. Safari looks good too.

I think you should bring more focus to the food on a restaurant's website... just my opinion.

You have some basic validation errors... not too hard to fix so not a biggie... I like to see people using more css these days so props for that! 

Images are toooooo big; it took way to long to load. I would also change the header so it was only one image, not two. There is way too much blue on this site. Try adding yellow or red. Change the background so it is not just a plain white.

Just suggestions....

• 3 weeks later...

Once again it took a long time to load.... I would think that that has a lot to do with your html and css not validating as well as the image sizes. 

I agree that the top image should be one rather than two.  I also think that you should get rid of the blue haze over the picture..... it's a beach restaurant and the blue haze makes it look like it is raining and miserable.  I can see from the pictures below it that you have better pictures with more vibrant colours.

Also noticed the glitches in your side menu.

And for everybody else... It's not German! It's Dutch.

Nice work dude.  Not a lot to do to make it perfect.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.