My Website

blufish

I've been working on this website for a while.  I was hoping somepeople here could tell me what they thought?  can you tell me the following

Design 10/10

Functionality 10/10

Content 10/10

Workingness 10/10

How long would you stay? 00:00:00

How can I improve? (blah blah blah)

Thanks for the critiques  :D

First thing I see is a google ad.... just another website to make quick money. Slap some content together, put some google ads and woolah! - you got a multi-million dollar business going.... Right?

I can't say it enough. Putting ads on your website isn't a good idea. The amount of money you make is so nominal (insignificant) that you might as well pull out the few bucks out of your wallet and impress users. Users love no ads. They feel the site is not full of crap and wasn't just intended to make quick cash.

According to the amount of traffic you get, I wouldn't be surprise if your ads don't even cover the costs of hosting. So why even bother?

Design: 0/10

Functionality: 3/10

Content: 3/10

Workingness: N/A

How long would you stay: 00:00:15

How can you improve:

I don't like the font scheme. I'd suggest trying Verdana or Tomaha, size 12px. The design is very boring. Nothing for me to do there. Try harder for a community atmosphere :)

No colors, no layout, no everything.

Design 0/10

Functionality 3/10

Content 2/10

Workingness It Works

How long would you stay? 00:00:45 (Just the time to try that Freerider 2)

How can I improve? Learn to design and redesign it completely. Or just hire a designer.

Design 1/10

Func 3/10

Content .5/10

Workingness: .... err... all seems to function

Improve?

Design is very boring.  Colors clash in lots of places.  Nav doesn't jump out.  Google ads are the first thing I noticed.  Intro paragraph annoys me.  1 game?  Profiles?  Are you a community site or a game site?  Or a joke site?  I don't like sites that try to be everything in the entire world.  Multi focused sites are better than 1 site that has a tiny bit of everything.  Don't take this the wrong way, but good luck growing that site.  MySpace... Facebook....  The chances of your profiles growing are like... non existant.  You expect people to make their profiles in HTML?  Is JS allowed?  (I'm too lazy to check.)  If so... bleh.  In 8th grade my keyboarding teacher tried to teach the class HTML (I had known it for 2 years at that point lol), and man... people were slow as can be, even copying straight out of a book.

Anyway, maybe your site just caught me in a critical mood lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Design: Where ?

Functionality 4/10

Content 2/10

Workingness: Is that a word?

How long would you stay? 00:60:00

How can I improve?

Add somthing new and differnet.

Good Luck  :D

Frozenoven is proud to present one of the largest collections of jokes on the internet. Frozenoven would also like to tell you that every single on of these jokes is entirely appropiate. If you find that one of these jokes offends you, we apologize please contact us and we will get back to as soon as possible. Enough chit-chat, enjoy the jokes, submit some too if you know any you don't fine here!

You are proud to lie and say that you have the largest joke collection? Lol.

This site is fail.

The amount of money you make is so nominal (insignificant) that you might as well pull out the few bucks out of your wallet and impress users. Users love no ads. They feel the site is not full of crap and wasn't just intended to make quick cash.

Does that go for big company also, like ebay advertising company's etc. ;)

The site is very sparse. I think it needs more content and structure. What would people want visit your site to view Google ads, when they can easily get more out of visiting http://google.co.uk or http://google.com?

Not a lot to comment on really, a lot more though and work needs to be put into it! :)

Hope this helps,

Dave

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.