Firefox 3....FINALLY

rhodesa

Release: Fail.

I'm getting internal server errors, pages on their site not loading, and the "video tour" thing won't even open.  Oh... and it served up 2.0.0.14 when I tried to download it.

WTF.

I just downloaded it. First time page wouldn't load and then I got the new mozilla international download page.  Hopefully the new version will not disappoint.  I know there were linux issues with the browser but I assume those have been fixed if they are releasing.

looks so pretty ... im running it on xp now... ill put in on freebsd later.

i must say firefox 3.0 just makes the internet look sexy  :o

lol eh its more heavy on your ram tho(my xp is my crappy work computer 256 ram lol)

how well does the linux verson run?

looks so pretty ... im running it on xp now... ill put in on freebsd later.

i must say firefox 3.0 just makes the internet look sexy  :o

lol eh its more heavy on your ram tho(my xp is my crappy work computer 256 ram lol)

how well does the linux verson run?

256!!! Can you even buy memory that small now a days???

Actually it has more efficient memory handling than any other browser.

I still don't believe it.  Open Opera 9.5 final (just released a few days ago, oddly enough) and open Firefox with both pointing to the same page.  On my machine with a handful of addons installed in Firefox, Firefox is using twice the memory when sitting idle.  (51Mb vs. 26Mb in Opera).

Ok, my first post here. Here goes....

Downloaded yesterday, installed yesterday, and up till now, no problems whatsoever.....(Lucky me??)

Everyting else, meaning add-ons, run perfect, no problems there...

Oh and eehm....Hello everybody!!! ;D ;D

Yeah, I tried downloading Firefox 3 during the download day and the download speeds were appauling and it probably took around 5 minutes for the download to finish... it's not bad but a few sites don't render properly... not sure if they have been rectified in the final release of v3.

... it's not bad but a few sites don't render properly... not sure if they have been rectified in the final release of v3.

Heh, I thought I'd gone insane when I installed Ubuntu 8.0.4 with FF3 and took a look at my own site on it - the font rendering made me want to weep. I don't know if it's a Hardy Heron issue or a FF3 issue or a both issue, but man! Them were some nasty fonts. I'm running it on XP now and it's pretty nice - I usually tweak FF to speed it up but I haven't had to do it all on FF3 and haven't noticed a difference in response times. I ended up disabling the compatibility checks so I could use my mouse gestures addon though, lol. "No MouseGestures update for FF3?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.