Harsh Criticism Welcomed!

Guardian-Mage

6/10

1) Too many colors.  Lose the green or lose the purple.

2) The background image repeats horribly.  Find something different, and maybe don't let it repeat.

3) The header graphic is grainy and very poorly done.  www.sxc.hu (find a better background)

4) Padding is your friend... use it in the content area.  Text should not bump into the graphics that flow in the content.

5) The text changes too much... bold, large, italic, small... it's all over the place.  Tone it down.

6) If you're going to have something without flowing text around it (videos on a few of the pages), then center the video.

Since you said harsh, I will be critical. Harsh isn't necessary.

*The header looks very pixelated and not professional

*In the nav, it should be "What's New" and not "Whats New"

*The "Products" section should not link to another separate page away from your site. You should somehow integrate that into your site

*The footer chocolate bottom image does not match up with the background, looks trashy

*I don't like your font, Times New Roman has never appealed to me though

*The colors are weird

*The testimonials seem artificial

Other than that, it's a website.

I fixed the "Whats New" title, as well as added padding to the images. I centered the movie on the Science page, which is what I presumed you meant. As for the products page, that is what the client requested, but they just changed their minds, and I am working on a proper products page. As I stated before, the header, background, and footer were all provided by the client. They want the background to repeat like that, even though I did tell them that in my experience, that doesn't work. Color scheme also provided by them.

You people who don't like the font, testimonials, or how the text changes, that has nothing to do with me. Each page is controlled by my CMS, and they have added in all that content. There is only so much I can do.

Thanks for the rest of your criticism.

I like the layout, though you need to use "sans Serif" fonts for screens, as its easier on the eye compared to "serif" fonts.

Also, as everybody so rightly says, I would revise the colour combinations.

Also, in my opinion it's best to keep the text to a minimum. Don't waffle. Maybe the text could be split up more, into separate pages.

Users don't like scanning through masses of text to find something. - It's like looking for a needle in hay stack! :)

Hope this helps ;),

Dave

You really need to do something about the background repeating correctly.  That's if you plan to actually use the chocolate swirls which don't look very appealing to begin with.  I'm not fond of the color scheme, brown purple and green is not the most appealing palette.  The header graphic looks very pixelated and blurred, need some sharpening or another picture.  It is also very big to serve no real purpose.  The menu is pretty boring, some rollover images are always welcome.  I don't like the way most of the content gets centered, pretty poor typography.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.