Viewing Source

sith717

Is there a PHP script. That when someone tries to view the source of a website, it will not let them. Or allow them to, but it will say "You are not allowed to view the source of this website."

Something like that.

The reason is because I have a very expensive template design and do not want anyone ripping it.

Or even looking at the source.

As cooldude pointed out, it's impossible with any technology to stop someone from looking at the source of your web page. You can stop people from right clicking (in internet explorer), but that doesn't stop viewsource:, disabled javascript, ctrl-u, or view -> page source... disabling right clicking really only serves to annoy people who aren't trying to view your source.

http://www.iwebtool.com/html_encrypter

if you really want to...kinda stupid if you ask me...

Would work if the user base wasn't very tech savvy.  All it does is hex encode it though.

sith717, to put it bluntly, to be able to render something on the client side, the client must know what it is rendering, yes?  That would if I were like:

"Ok, I'm going to ask you a math question.  I can't tell you it though.  What's the answer?"

lol

http://www.iwebtool.com/html_encrypter

if you really want to...kinda stupid if you ask me...

Would work if the user base wasn't very tech savvy.  All it does is hex encode it though.

sith717, to put it bluntly, to be able to render something on the client side, the client must know what it is rendering, yes?  That would if I were like:

"Ok, I'm going to ask you a math question.  I can't tell you it though.  What's the answer?"

lol

42...duh!

Put your page in php variable like $a="<html><body>Hi How r u.</body></html>";

echo the variable echo $a;

its my suggestion.

Sorry, but...

that's the funniest thing I've heard in quite a while.

Thank you for a good laugh.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.