My Website

blufish

Do you have a specific audience you want to attract?  Is this just a general fun site you're building?  It's a pretty clean and simple design, which is good, but here are a few tips I thought could make it a little better.

-Change header, it's really big, and the outside of your letters are like fuzzy or choppy looking.

-Add some pictures and color.

-Try to format by using tables.

-Add date/time in your chatbox.

Do you have a specific audience you want to attract?  Is this just a general fun site you're building?  It's a pretty clean and simple design, which is good, but here are a few tips I thought could make it a little better.

-Change header, it's really big, and the outside of your letters are like fuzzy or choppy looking.

-Add some pictures and color.

-Add date/time in your chatbox.

What screen size are you using? must be really big.  date / time in chatbox is coming soon!

I'm ok with the liquid design, but a relative width image? The header image is getting pixelated in my resolution and from my point of view, that's a bad thing.

The design is pretty boring. It lacks style, details, colors and typography. In my opinion there is nothing to improve there, as the only thing to do would be a redesign and sorry if it sounds harsh. At least change the fonts...

Shouldn't we avoid tables at any cost? It applies to everything except tabular data, but I'm not seeing any need for tabular display there.

PS: Those games you have in the site are all (or almost) from MiniClip. Is it allowed by MiniClip? Just wondering...

I think MiniClip (from memory) did have the option of hosting the games on your own website.

Anyway, I will agree with Guilty Gear.

It's a very bland layout. Lot's of flat colors with no images and horrible font. Times New Roman (serif font) isn't really meant for the web. Sans-serif fonts (Tahoma!) are more web-based fonts.

You also repeat the background image, but the background image isn't the correct size. This results in a strange looking background for the content and header area.

I didn't set the font it just goes by the default of your browser.  ... Do you guys really care about the font so much?

Font presentation plays quite a large role in the overall look of a site. Everything from type-face to size and colour can help make or break a site. So IMHO, yes, fonts matter! I would set your fonts in css (that way, you just need to manipulate the css file in question and have your font changes propogate site wide). Never leave browsers to pump out default fonts... it can have detrimental effects on overall appearences.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.