The first staff?

burnside

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

czambran and I went a few rounds both before and after I got promoted. We eventually got along, but it took a while. I miss tvc... wonder what happened to him?

my guess is that life happened to him.

EDIT:  since it has also happened to all of us, it must have happened to him in a BIG way.

I've mentioned writing a book a few times before but the problem always is....who is going to write it?

I'd like to write it but I doubt I could write an actual book...like...something more than 5 pages.  I'm sure the history of this place could be written pretty descript enough that it fits into a small book but it would take a lot of research.....and it would probably take more than one person....or SEVERAL interviews

It would be something to explore, most defiantly. Released as an eBook or even as an ordinary book. PHPFreaks is a pretty well known place, although if you want to make it bigger wait a few more years. Or start it now then add to it as important events take place.

Although, other than admin, moderator and PFR promotions and demotions I can't really think of what it would be about.

I'm sure the statistics could be thrown in there and the little behind the scenes scuffles that go on.  But most of all that is just nostalgia for whoever reads it.  What really matters in a history book is the milestones.  Who was there?  Why it happened?  Also it would need some sort of point of view of an outsider.  Point of views of what phpfreaks meants to them; how they found it.  What the general consensus on the internet was about it.  So the history would have to be written once by us and then recrafted or re-written in such a way that it wasn't biased...or if you may....an autobiography.  If you get me?

Eric would play a big part in it in the beggining and word on the streets is...he never has much time for anything.

If all of that were to come together as one....then if would make for a great book/biography/history

I really don't think a history of phpfreaks would make headline news, but I do agree it would be nostalgic for people.  I think it would be a very interesting project to take on, and I did already express interest in being the one to do it.  I have not gotten a response yet as to whether I can get the tools to do it or not, though.

I really don't think a history of phpfreaks would make headline news

Well, I doubt the intentions of simple biography are to make headline news....I know your being eccentric..but that's pretty far'fetched.

I really wouldn't know where to start though....

I know where I can start, but where I start and someone else starts is two different things....I pretty much started learning PHP here. with the exception two books I bought years ago.

If we could get Eric's take on it....we could actually get the "Once upon a time" aspect of it all

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.