Google G1 vs iPhone 3g

Maq

My 2 year contract is up with T-Mobile and it's time to decide on a new phone.  I originally wanted to get the iPhone 3G but that would make me go to a whole new service and pay for the iPhone 3G with a 2 year contract ($200).  My other option would be to stay with T-Mobile and get the Google G1 for free, with a 2 year contract.  I can't decide.  I've checked out some youtube and blog reviews but it's hard to get solid information because it's not out yet.

I think I have made my decision, but just wanted to hear some feedback first.  Thanks!

I prefer to stick with what I know in most cases. I like "new" things, but you really need to research into it a lot. I haven't experienced either phone as I am a Sony Ericsson person. I don't like Apple, but that's just me. :)

Sorry, I didn't really help much did I.

It's OK.  I have done some research on both phones but the problem is that the G1 isn't out yet.  They both are nice and utilize the 3g web connection.  While the iPhone is almost twice as thin, the G1 has a slide out screen with a physical qwerty keyboard allowing you to view full screen.  I think I may just go with the iPhone 3g since it has been proven.  But a couple opinions wouldn't hurt.  Thanks.

this topic has been solved.  I have decided to go with the iPhone 3g.  I have only had for about an hour and it is sweet.  The main concern was how hard it would be to type on but hasn't really been a problem yet.  I'll keep u guys posted imcase anyone decides to get one.  I'm actually typing on it right now!

My sister's iPhone and my girlfriends iTouch are impossible to type on.  I can't stand typing on them.

Agree...I got the iPhone when they first came out and returned it the next day.  I got the AT&T tilt which I *love* cuz it also lets me hook my laptop up via usb and use the net through the phone!  Also, the full keyboard is really nice.  I can type 2x as fast as anyone with an iPhone.

I suppose if you have really skinny lady thumbs it would work ok  ;D  The Tilt was $200 less than the (initial) iphone and had about 2x as many features.  Like real keypad, built in gps, voice commands and the most important one (to me)...being able to hook an external device to it to access the net.  Tilt runs windows mobile and is touch screen too.  And AT&T doesn't know whats on my phone at any given time like Apple does.  Oh, and the millions of hacked roms are cool too :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.