Favourite food.

waynew

Fresh baked french bread.  It's such a simple thing to make.  You mix the stuff together, knead it out, let it rise, knead and rise. You can smell the yeast eating up the sugars and releasing the gas; something about that smell makes me feel at home.  And when it bakes and comes out of the oven all crispy on the outside, soft on the inside... smell of it, sound of the crust crackling, the crunch and slight chewiness... Get a good slab of sharp cheddar to slice off, serve them with a simple prepared meat like sausage pieces or seared cube meat chunks or roasted turkey legs.  Get some friends and family around a campfire singing and dancing and hopefully you have a musician or two to play a guitar or flute.  Makes me feel tribal or gypsy like I'm living in simpler times.  I know that goes beyond the food but food is not just something you put in your mouth it's an atmosphere enhancer just like the ambiance of restaurants or the movie you're watching while eating or the music going on in the background or whatever. 

Haha well...

Tagliatelle?? im American and have no idea what that is but as for favorite food i would say Lasagna that stuff is amazing

what do you expect when you just say something is amazing?  If it's so amazing then shouldn't it inspire you to be more descriptive, like,  saying "it's amazing" just doesn't seem to do it justice sort of thing?  Perhaps it isn't as amazing as you make it out to be :P

yeah me too.  Despite the fact you only described a piece of cheese on french bread with various meats on it, I'm pretty hungry as well.  Although I really need to get some food anyway.  I'm about broke till next month so anything sounds delicious.  My meals have digressed from Teriyaki Chicken/Beef to Pot Pies to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I'm soon to go out and get a bunch of bologna and bread to hold me over till the rest of this month..lol

Ramen's good but it just isn't filling enough.  There has to be something that's really cheap....like as cheap as ramen, that can give you that full feeling.  Sandwiches hardly do the trick, but it's about as good as ramen.

I find myself buying a lot of canned Red Beans and Rice, but it's like a dollar a can.  And ramen's like 6 meals for a dollar.  What kind of value do you guys get out of a dollar at the grocery store, that fills you up.

its like 3 dollars total but a dozen eggs and a loaf of bread feeds me like 6 or 8 meals easy egg sandwhichs are really cheap.

i buy alot of rice as well but i have a garden so i get veggies and make stir fry

That's coming from someone who only eats once a day though.  Egg sandwiches are awesome though, I probably will get some eggs

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.