Hardware Upgrade..

Lamez

I have a budget of $300.00, so I looked at amazon, and I found:

Motherboard (which is like my current one, but this one is socket AM2, and DDR2): Mobo - Amazon

Processor: Processor - Amazon or Processor 2 - Amazon

RAM: RAM - Amazon

On Ram, I think I want 4gb. I am not sure on the differences on the processor beside on is in the black edition, and the speed. Could someone explain the difference, I am leaning more on the 3Ghz. Good Setup?

I would first suggest shopping at newegg.com.  They have great products/prices/shipping/customer support.  I've spent thousands there without a single problem so far.  And if you sign up to their mailing list you get an email with good deals that's actually work looking through.  For example they have 19" widescreen lcd monitor's for ~$130 with free shipping quite often.  That's pretty good.

Second, I know this is all preference, but I would suggest Intel Processors.  Main is reason because that's what I have most experience in.  Secondly because of all the computer's I work on, I see AMD processors/boards cause more problems than Intel.  But again that's all opinion based.

As for your actual question, I really don't know and probably wasn't any help.  You're welcome.

I hate new egg, I bout some fan grills for $3 dollars total, and the shipping was $7.

I love AMD over intel any day. I will NEVER goto intel ever. All I asked was what do you think about the hardware setup, not the price, or the place. I love amazon, I get great discounts, and cheap shipping.

Newegg is good, I've ordered plenty from them, just don't get a preferred account, whatever company they use is total crap.

As far as the Intel vs AMD comment, I would have said the same in the past, but Intel clearly makes the better chip right now.  I've always used AMD but went Intel on my last build.

I hate new egg, I bout some fan grills for $3 dollars total, and the shipping was $7.

Duh... well, isn't it pretty stupid ordering for less than the shipping costs? Buy in larger quantities or, if it's for so low value, go buy it in a nearby store.

If you lived where I lived, then you cannot find any parts in a nearby store anymore.

this is a upgrade! I already have a power supply, drives, hard drive, etc..

i wasn't referring to your current order.  we're simply explaining that $7 shipping on $3 worth of parts is actually quite normal, and not something that can realistically be held against newegg.com.  i'm not saying newegg is better than amazon either, simply explaining that it's quite typical.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.