Please critique my site

mclamais

Center it on the page, it'll look tonnes nicer then.

Is that your on commerce script or is it a bought one? It looks very professional and is really well set out. It makes it even more professional that you've taken the effort into making it secure instead of using PayPal for all payment methods.

Very nice indeed. I like it. Only thing is the centering, IMO websites look better when centered on the page.

It looks nice and professional, but you might want to address all 298 validation errors. =(

EDIT: Also, the flash on the home page destroys your menu because you can't z-index over a flash object, as far as I know.

Yes you can. You have to set wmode to transparent which he has.

My suggestion is using SWFObject and adding the line so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

Thank god its compressed down! The site was 279kb, compressed down to 34kb.

Web page compressed?  Yes

Compression type? gzip

Size, Markup (bytes) 279,680

Size, Compressed (bytes) 34,781

Compression % 87.6

http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php

I was looking through your source, there is a massive amount of code in there, is this all autogenerated?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.