tiny line break & layout issue

Maq

"IE6.0 - Home page layout problem."

If I remember correctly, the person who designed the homepage (I really should remember that x.x) basically said he gave no special effort to support IE 6.  I don't know if he went back later or not and tried to make it support IE6.

"IE6.0 - Home page layout problem."

If I remember correctly, the person who designed the homepage (I really should remember that x.x) basically said he gave no special effort to support IE 6.  I don't know if he went back later or not and tried to make it support IE6.

Ok, I was just bringing it to your attention because I don't remember anyone posting about it.  I don't use IE anyway  8)

Dan designed it.  And no we are not going to make any special effort to cater to previous browser versions. 

People argue that that cuts out a good chunk of the potential viewers.  Well we reason that they are only potential viewers if there is a possibility they will be going to a site like this.  Avg Joe internet surfer is not a coder, so he would not be looking for a site like this.  The people who are interested in sites like these, will more than likely have the most up-to-date version of their browser installed.  We cater to them, not Avg Joe surfer. 

Actually, Jeff designed it. I coded it and I did indeed drop support for IE6. I'm not concerned about cutting out those users. They constitute 8.72% of our hits (see attachment) and even then they can still browse the forums and read the content on the main page though with a lower user experience.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The people who are interested in sites like these, will more than likely have the most up-to-date version of their browser installed.  We cater to them, not Avg Joe surfer.

I agree, also for the fact that most people who use these forums are directed straight to the forums via search engine, and bypass the homepage anyway.

I just sort of used "design" in a more generic sense, because that's the word corbin used.

Always someone Else's fault...

I wasn't blaming corbin. I was simply explaining the reasoning behind my words.  I accepted responsibility; hence the apology.

Yeah I know, I was joking...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.