Logging entrance and exit in database

thecard

Just remember that user's internet connection may just go down, so don't rely only on this script.

True, but how often is that...?

What is more likely to occur is the user stays on the site, switches to a new tab and continues browsing, or be like me and leave my computer on, and on the same pages for weeks at a time. Then I just refresh the page to look at it.

Timeout is definitely the fail-safe way to do it and make sure your results are accurate. Cause if a user does not respond with in 5minutes, they are probably not gonna respond for another 5-10.

I just want him to get accurate, fail-safe results on this. Setting the timeout would ensure that.

Just remember that user's internet connection may just go down, so don't rely only on this script.

True, but how often is that...?

Too often not to take it into account.

Now that I think about it, you guys are right...  :D  The timeout is better because it will produce more accurate results.

Not sure if you mentioned this, but you need a linux server for cron, do you have that?  If so it's easy...
A Windows server has its equivalent in "Scheduled Tasks"

lol, I didn't mean to sound like you the only thing you can do this with is a Linux server with cron jobs.  Thx Mark Baker!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.