[SOLVED] showing ip

Birdmansplace

been there done that. being that the webserver is localhost an another computer on my net i have only been able to get the ip of the computer viewing it or computer host name. I am after the host ip.  My isp is dhcp so my ip changes some times daily and i would like to have something that checks and echos my ip or something like that.  I want users to see my ip from any where in the world.

<?php
$serverIP = $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'];

echo $serverIP;
?>

That is probably more efficient and less resource intense.

He has already said that this didn't work...

He probably literally tried it like $_server['server_ADDR'];

Of course that WILL NOT work due to the fact that php is CasE SeNsItIve....Next time post the exact way he should access it.

<?php

echo $serverIP;
?>

Of course that WILL NOT work due to the fact that php is CasE SeNsItIve....Next time post the exact way he should access it.

Edit, my bad, just noticed the 3rd post. But the same goes for the above, if he was trying that it probably would fail due to the case sEnSitIvE issue. Sorry for the rude remark I made.

<?php

echo $serverIP;
?>

Edit, my bad, just noticed the 3rd post. But the same goes for the above, if he was trying that it probably would fail due to the case sEnSitIvE issue. Sorry for the rude remark I made.

No problem :)

ILMV

I am not to bothered by what uses what as long as the computer can handle it.  I am still in the "start up" of my site anyways.  I only have 3 members including me and they haven't been back in a few months.  But for those who want to at least check out go to http://birdmansplace.myftp.org

On a side note i could use some smart phper's with my site.  I am on the look for members to add to my staff. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.