List of public holidays

ILMV

Congratulations!

Do you think I haven't been Google searching this morning?

Me expected result was that someone would say "Oh yes! I had this problem, finally found this online resource..... jajaja",

Happy Xmas

ILMV

Heh, so you WANT a pre-made XML list. You know, instead of wasting all this time waiting for someone to find/write one you could just make one yourself. Public holidays don't usually change that often so it shouldn't take long using the list Wikipedia has.

Sorry, but at what point did I ask someone to go out there and sift through the crap on the internet to find a list for me, or for that matter write one? My original question was 'Does anyone know of a list of public holidays, preferably in an XML format', to qualify that question the person must already know where to get one!? Like I said, all I am asking is that if anyone has done found a decent link to share it, if they desire.

I have been around Googling the original question, I had obviously seen the wiki article, of which supplied all the information I am really looking for, just not assembled in an XML format.

Since you mention it I might compile a list myself, my thoughts are you say holidays don't usually change that often, but in the UK Easter for example is all over the place. On that basis a 'dynamic' web based XML document with these dates calculated would have been the icing on the cake.

Thanks for your input so far,

ILMV

My original question was 'Does anyone know of a list of public holidays, preferably in an XML format', to qualify that question the person must already know where to get one!?

That question means you want a list of public holidays in various countries, which I supplied you with. The "preferably in an XML format" signifies that it'll be even better if the list is in XML format. You should've dropped the "preferably" if you only want XML lists.

but in the UK Easter for example is all over the place.

It's the first Sunday after the Paschal Full Moon. That means you can calculate it. It's like that for most (all?) other holidays.

My original question was 'Does anyone know of a list of public holidays, preferably in an XML format', to qualify that question the person must already know where to get one!?

That question means you want a list of public holidays in various countries, which I supplied you with. The "preferably in an XML format" signifies that it'll be even better if the list is in XML format. You should've dropped the "preferably" if you only want XML lists.

but in the UK Easter for example is all over the place.

It's the first Sunday after the Paschal Full Moon. That means you can calculate it. It's like that for most (all?) other holidays.

Fair point :)

I've taken both your points on, it's looking like I am going to have to make my own.

I will post it back here to just incase it helps anyone, in the mean time if anyone does find something similar then contribute if you desire.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.