ScriptingSource.com

Lodius2000

The style in general is very appealing, but the header image looks too... er, it just doesn't look right.

The RSS images in the left menu bar should be on the left for consistancy, having them on the right looks like an eyesore.

Consider using a favicon.

Other than that it looks very appealing :D

ILMV

What exactly do you want me to critique? This is a wordpress template. It's not hard to instal something, follow an easy wizard and select a few colors and templates.

<meta name="description" content="Choose this category if your chosen category doesn&#8217;t exist. A site admin will put the post in a new category." />

urrrrrrm.... please change that.

• 3 weeks later...

Integrate the menu more... and either change the header background or the header text... they don't fit together very well ;) Besides that, try changing the background color of the grey boxes a bit... or make it flush with the header image (remove the lonely link below the header). As for the amount of text you chose to use for the snippet, I'd suggest using a paragraph or two. Reading one or two sentences doesn't tend to draw people in as much as a whole paragraph does. If you don't believe me, go pick up a newspaper. They'll have several paragraphs on the front page that 'link' to another section. Sometimes even newspapers write too much on the front page though. I think one to two paragraphs is best because it introduces the topic, but doesn't make the reader bored if they aren't interested in that particular post. That way, they can move onto the next without much scrolling.

Other than a few padding/margin sizes not looking right (unequal padding around content), I'd say to just change the search box to white. Can't really tell it's there as easily as you should be able to. And one last thing: add some hover effects to the menu... not integrating is one thing... but making it appear to be just plain text is another.

It looks like this site is shaping up quite well. Hope you get everything figured out :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.