Revenue idea for phpfreaks

Im using a points mod in my forums where users have to post/reply to topics to see attachments - helps expand new forums rapidly.

It can also be modified through paypal so ppl have to pay to see content.

Anyhow, considering phpfreaks forums is desperate for funds, and are now big enough to charge ppl for answers to thier problems, say only in help forums like php,mysql, etc. You could make a "solved question" to cost the user 50cents or whatever

Capitalization RULZ!!

I would not offer help on a paid board, unless I were somehow receiving some of that pay. 

Your "pay" would be the recognition. Anyway the amount would/should only cover server expenses and a little profit for phpfreaks owners

I get 'recognition' by helping out for free, on a free board, just the same. 

Cover server expenses and a little profit? Sorry, you lost me at that 'a little profit.'  Why should someone else get paid for my work?  Where do you work?  What would you say if your boss came up to you and said "Sir, we're going to stop paying you, but go ahead and keep working.  We'll continue to make money off you."  pfft.  Whatever.

I should go and set up a lemonade stand out on the sidewalk.  Get a couple of neighborhood kids to run it for me.  I get all the money.  Their 'pay' will be me telling them and others what a great job they are doing. 

I should go and set up a lemonade stand out on the sidewalk.  Get a couple of neighborhood kids to run it for me.  I get all the money.  Their 'pay' will be me telling them and others what a great job they are doing.

CV, the childrens' Pimp.

"Recognition as pay" - only works if there is no actual money available.  Otherwise I'll take the pay over the recognition any day.

Im using a points mod in my forums where users have to post/reply to topics to see attachments - helps expand new forums rapidly.

It can also be modified through paypal so ppl have to pay to see content.

Anyhow, considering phpfreaks forums is desperate for funds, and are now big enough to charge ppl for answers to thier problems, say only in help forums like php,mysql, etc. You could make a "solved question" to cost the user 50cents or whatever

Capitalization RULZ!!

I've never registered at a forum like that.  Well, I think I registered at one, but I didn't stick around long.

Besides, wouldn't people just spam to get past min-post requirements?

Besides, wouldn't people just spam to get past min-post requirements?

We usually ban such people...

Well yeah, but what if they wanted to download something with a 10 post requirement?  It wouldn't be hard to spam 10 posts ;p.

But yeah, that wouldn't be that much of a problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.