NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

FireDevil

OK, I'm a bit confused about my MySQL thingy. ??? I got SAM2 broadcaster which installs the MySQL and I've been using it for awhile. Then all of a sudden I can't open my broadcaster because theres something wrong with the MySQL. the error code thingy says:

"Unable to connect to MySQL. Please make sure that MySQL is installed AND running. Also make sure you are using the correct MySQL login information."

I have never changed anything or even looked at the MySQL stuff. I've tried getting rid of all the SAM2 files and the MySQL files and then reinstalling them, but it doesn't work. Everytime I install it it says:

"> MySQL install started...

> MySQL was successfully installed at C:\mysql\

> Cannot connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)"

I have no idea why it won't connect when I haven't changed anything and it used to work fine. I am very confused and could use some help so that I can continue to DJ.  8)

Hrmmm....

If you try running the mysql binary, what does it say?

Go to cmd (Start->Accessories->Command Line or Win Logo + R, type in CMD, and hit enter) type the following:

cd c:/mysql/bin

mysqld

And see if it says a more detailed error message.

I think i did what u said right, i used the command prompt. When i typed in: cd c:/mysql/bin  its didnt do anything, and when i typed in mysqld it said that something like, there is no internal or external command named mysqld.

Anything else you need me to do?

Hope I even did THAT right.  :-\

well, my computer is a little weird. It has a C: drive and  G: drive, but the G: drive is where all the normal C: drive stuff is (program files etc.) So, would it help if I the mysql was installed in the G: drive and not the C: drive?

Also, when I used the command prompt thing, in front of where I could type it was saying <G:\Documents and Settings\joshua> and then i typed in the mysql stuff. I dont know how to change the thing from my documents to something else, if that even makes a difference. And I typed the mysql/bin and the mysqld in different lines so i dont know if that made a difference either. The first one (just the c:/mysql/bin) nothing poped up or seemed to do anything, and for the second one (just the mysqld) it said that "'mysqld' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

??? ???

I think I might be doing something wrong because nothing is happening still.  ???  I'm using the command prompt and then entering the stuff and pressing enter, then it went to havin the documents and settings in the front, to the c:\mysql\bin the front where documents and setting was. and then i typed in mysqld and nothing happened

well, i tried the command thing but still nothing. You want me to just open the mysqld.exe file to get that little command thing? Also, its not a problem of installation its a problem with the program cuz it used to work fine, but for some reason it all of a sudden stoped connecting or whatever.

the mysqld.exe thing seems to star fine. And I never changed the mysql settings at all, I left them at default. so what would the default ones be? Also, I knw it must be mysql cuz i just installed the sam4 trial with firebird ( since mysql doesnt work) and the program runs fine

I never moved anything at all, I kept it all when it was installed at. I looked around my C: drive and found like a notepad file named: mysqlbug, and another named: dbg_log  Other than that theres not really anything that looks like it would tell me an error or something. (the dbg_log wasnt in the mysql folder)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.