FeedBack Template

ionik

HELLO!

Id like some feedback on this template......

Its for a Content Management system of mine, it will be the default available.

I got the idea based off a template i seen somewhere.....don't remember exactly though...the concept is basically very simple but still have a lot of functionality

Let me know what u think and yes i konw its just a image....

http://nwhiting.com/simple

Everything seems squeezed together. Give the content a bit more breathing room. Why is the overview box stretched past the left hand sidebars?

Ha ha! I love your comment in your source code! Yes! I am a geek  ;):D :D.

The code is actually not as 'wonderful' as you call it. You should always enclose text within a block level tag such as <p> or <h1>. <span> and <div> do not convey any textually meaning. Your code is also div tag soup. You need to cut it down.

Very nice ionik. Clean and organized. It validates too! Sweet.

I'm not sure what the blue S, S and S in #cSystem is for...Nor the blue letters in #cSys.gamesurge.com

On a final note, I was looking at the width of the site and thought to myself, this feels slightly large for a 1024 pixel format... so I set my monitor to 1024 x 768, and yep, there is a small amount of horizontal scrolling (not a large amount though). Point being.. if designing for 1024, make it actually smaller than that.. to take into account stuff like browser scroll bars and such.. just eliminates the horizontal scroll bar displayed along the bottom. Granted, even that resolution is slowly going the way of the dinos thanks to wide screen monitors with their wider native resolutions... still, something minor to think about.

Overall, I like it.

IMO it looks good the way it is.  I would like to see some other pages when they're complete.  The only thing I can suggest is the size which has been mentioned below, overall it looks very nice.

Off topic, is this for a CS:S clan?  I used to play CS:S all the time!  I miss it...

Everything seems squeezed together. Give the content a bit more breathing room. Why is the overview box stretched past the left hand sidebars?

Ha ha! I love your comment in your source code! Yes! I am a geek  ;):D :D.

The code is actually not as 'wonderful' as you call it. You should always enclose text within a block level tag such as <p> or <h1>. <span> and <div> do not convey any textually meaning. Your code is also div tag soup. You need to cut it down.

Much of the div tags are needed to cut down on a lot of the IE bugs.

And i see what your talking about with the 1024 resolution....something I'll have to fix

The InfoOverview box is supposed to be a bit longer than the blocks below it :D

Its for cSystem it will be a default template available ( cSystem is a Clan CMS )

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.