Foreach from $_GET[]

proggR

$VAR = $_GET['topping'];
foreach($VAR as $key ){

echo $VAR;
echo $key;
}

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/order.php on line 25

Could someone tell me whats wrong with that code? Why I'm getting the error I'm getting I'm stumped. I want to be able to say if($key!=null) increment counter or something to that effect. Why is this not working? topping is a bunch of textboxes.  I just want to see if they're checked or not.

Anyway. The main concern is this code doesn't work and I can't figure out why not.

Thanks in advance.

I get the error even when I know there is checkboxes checked. changed $VAR to $VAR[] and now when it prints I get Array mushrooms. It doesn't echo any of the other checkboxes. Mushrooms was the last checkbox checked. There are empty checkboxes after it though.

I read through that age and it didn't work either. So i changed the information being sent. The names are now "topping0", "topping1" etc and I have a for loop go through and check if its null and if not it increments the needed value and displays the contents like I need. This may also help me with a javascript event handler I'm working on within the form it gets sent from because now I can individually check and uncheck the boxes I need when certain buttons are pushed.

Thanks for everyone's help. It helped me realize what was going on.

How the heck do you set an array to a single query string variable?

I'm not sure what you mean by "array to a single query string variable", or why you're winking at me... winks are scary!

if you do $var = $_GET then you'll have an array, but $_GET['toppings'] is not an array.

If you are trying to get the checkboxes, first make sure your form is set to method = "post" and now when you do

$_POST['topping'] you will get an array

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.