Validator

0perator

is there a way to get a validator to "log in" to my site and then let me ask it to validate different pages?

Is there a specific reason you want to do this?  I'm almost positive you can just give the w3 validator specific pages to check.

KingPhilip's suggestion would be a lot more convenient, I'm gonna check it out myself  :)

With Opera you can right click on a page and choose Validate, and it uploads the HTML the browser downloaded regardless of location or password protection.

Heh, that's cool, I didn't know that.  Guess cause I don't use Opera  :P

With Opera you can right click on a page and choose Validate, and it uploads the HTML the browser downloaded regardless of location or password protection.

Opera? Who uses Opera still?! (Kidding of course - a good browser, just really never makes it into the headlines like Firefox or IE, or hell, even Chrome when it launched)

Opera? Who uses Opera still?! (Kidding of course - a good browser, just really never makes it into the headlines like Firefox or IE, or hell, even Chrome when it launched)

That's because of the small amount of mac users, even so, most of them probably use FF.

I don't use Opera (Chrome is much faster), but that right-click-Validate is something I've wanted to see in any other browser I've used.

I use Opera from time to time.. Admittedly, I didn't realize the right-click validate option.

However, when I did that on my homepage (localhost), I get a pop-up asking if I want to upload this page from my computer to an online validator? So I click 'Ok' (otherwise I have to click 'Cancel'... the validator (w3c's) claims it's invalid (I get like 6 errors). All the while, it is the same exact code that is live online (which validates fine). Hmmm...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.