New to php-How to learn PHP

yashgoley

Hi All,

i am new in php,,but i am very keen to learn php,ihave a bit knowledge of html,Please tell me a single source of learning bcoz i get a bit confuse for material i should follow.

If you have somthing to share with me , please share me on my id

yashgoley@gmail.com

thanks

You learn PHP by using PHP. It's that simple, really. Find a small-scale project you think would be interesting, and try to figure out how you would do it using the tools you have available (PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS, etc.).

Daniel0, how did you get the deep understanding of web programming/design you seem to have? I mean, I know it comes with experience, but there must be some other source. Any books you'd recommend? Please fill me in, as I don't seem to be getting there.

I am not a novice, and I believe I have a better understanding then most, but I often encounter problems - in the applicaiton design, good practice, patterns, etc. department mostly - of the sort I know you would answer "easily" on this forum.

- Moshe

Well, essentially years of experience and reading. As for your problem areas, books like Design Patterns (GoF), PoEAA (Fowler), PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice (Zandstra), The Pragmatic Programmer (Hunt & Thomas), etc. might have you out. I haven't really read those books from cover to cover (I rarely do), but they do contain some useful information. You might also want to subscribe to a lot of blogs about web development (but perhaps not too many, I can't keep up with my feed reader).

As for your problem areas, books like Design Patterns (GoF), PoEAA (Fowler), PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice (Zandstra), The Pragmatic Programmer (Hunt & Thomas), etc. might have you out.

I just picked up Zandsta's book and it has really changed the way I code.

@OP: practice practice practice! Pick a small tutorial or idea (basic guestbook, etc) and try coding it. Then once you figure it out, expand on it, tidy the code or try different approaches it

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.