needs seminar topic site critique

remshad

I'm not overly keen - too many different patterns used! Especially the header in comparison with the main background, don't fit well together at all! The keyword stuffing at the bottom isn't very good either.

Apart from that, not really a great deal to say - it's a forum.

-Adam

Ads are placed to prominent in my opinion.

Would be better if there was a more 'normal' banner instead of trying to blend them in like that.

And rearange the layout a bit so you don't have to scroll to see useful information.

For example.. if you stick the login form on the topright (the black background part). Leave the keyword spam out, stick the ad on the bottom.

That frees up a ton of space already, then stick the login/register/view new posts etc bar right beneath the menu.. By now the actual content actually comes into view without scrolling.

Could stick the custom google search next to the mainmenu tabs.

Okay.. better to just give an example I guess:

b8785a33909695.gif 78c31b33909697.gif

I know which of those 2 I'd rather be using, hate scrolling.

Just looks like a forum template. Nothing to critique.

Also your CSS is bad. On a low res desktop you external links block at the top - where you have google ads, floats over the right edge of the main area. Make your browser window smaller and you will see what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.