Freelance PHP job sources

moon 111

Well, as eventually happens to all people, the need for cash has arrived. Unfortuantely, my freelance routine is a bit rusty and I'm not sure where to look for jobs.

So, I was wondering, where do you people find them?

Any help would be greatly approeciated :).

Thanks,

- Moshe

I've noticed that such sites have ridiculously low rates as the competition is very high.

Hence the problem with PHP Freelancing. You have every n00b underbidding the good programmers to get the job.

The best way I have found to get some extra side jobs is just find contacts. I have met a few through this forum and offered me work at my normal rate. Sometimes I took a job for less and let them know that this was an "introductory" rate to get my foot in the door and the subsequent jobs, if they liked my work, would be at my normal rate and let them know my normal rate.

Probably about a 75% success rate of getting another job with my normal rate. Granted it was simple jobs I took on and not massive projects, so for the most part they just contact me to fix some issues that they are stumped with or to add a modification to a script. But that is just my experience. Granted I have a great full-time job so I do not need the extra cash/projects. So that setup works out great for me. If you are a decent coder, finding a job will not be entirely difficult, as it should show in your work. You need a good work ethic as well to produce an item on time and to not under or over bid that item. A knowledge of how long a project should take is probably the hardest thing to do.

The person offering the job tends to think it should be done in an hours worth of time. Which is most of the time ludacris and so you will have to tell them the low-down of how long it would actually take you to do it and deliver it on that time frame.

Well end of that little blurge :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.