Suggest me an editor

rv20

I used to use dreamweaver but always find myself going back to notepad, So can you recommend the best html editor out there.  I know of phped which i think can do html as well but i want something much more lite than that

Personally I find Notepad++ OK, decent text-editor that can handle various languages ie html/php/javascript and doesn't limit you to 1 undo like Notepad.

Also you can carry on undo'ing even once you reach the last save point.

I have used notepad for quite some time until I installed notepad++. I love it! It colors syntax for you (extremely helpful) multiple undo's, shows tabs with faint lines, etc.

The only limitation is that it doesn't have advanced editing features. I'm not exactly which editing features several forum members were saying - maybe GUI? - but I'm quite satisfied.

In the end its down to personal taste. Install several different porgrams and see which one suits your needs.

myself i use dreamweaver CS4 which is great, but theres also CoffeeCujp Free HTML Editor, if you buy the pro version you get built-in FTP.

Notepad++ is ok

but if you have a mac then get TextMate.

it's a great Editor. Simple like notepad but more powerfull and well its actually made for HTML, PHP, ASP etc.