My site needs some suggestions

zang8027

Well, I have a website now but I want to redesign it. I want to show that I am more into code, rather than graphic design.. most especially Actionscript.

I came up with an awesome idea (at least i think so haah) and started designing it. I need some suggestions. Critique it and give me some criticism.

portSideIdea.png

Just looking at it from the standpoint of someone who can't understand ActionScript to save their life, I would say having the var home:Index; thingy and the other code used for purpose of design sort of detracts.

Someone who has no idea what code is would be like, WTF is var home:Index;!?!?!

Though I'm sure they'd figure it out ;)

I totally agree, if you get some marketing manager look at your site, the would probably suggest it is broken as it isn't normal to use code as content.

Almost like when a client said they could understand what the Lorem Ipsum on a design I had created meant :D, he said on the phone to me "I don't speak Spanish", classic!

I totally agree, if you get some marketing manager look at your site, the would probably suggest it is broken as it isn't normal to use code as content.

Almost like when a client said they could understand what the Lorem Ipsum on a design I had created meant :D, he said on the phone to me "I don't speak Spanish", classic!

LOL!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.