[SOLVED] HELP! Getting "Query was empty" error!

DarkShadowWing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody is meaning to insult you at all, and don't pull try to pull any learning cards. Trust me, we see it all here. We are trying to help, but don't understand exactly what you're wanting to do. If you can't describe what you want to do, then show us what you want. If you can't do that, then I'm sorry but I don't think anybody can help you.

Post some sample data from the database, and an example output of what you're looking for.

Sample Data from database:

[pre]id value another_val

1 someval1 1

2 someval2 2

3 someval3 3

4 someval4 4

5 someval5 3[/pre]

I want where another_val is 3, so the data that would come out:

[pre]3 someval3 3

5 someval5 3[/pre]

I'm not going to even debate my thoughts on AD(H)D and your ability to learn. And I find it funny that instead of following my suggestion on how to explain your question better, you'd rather spend your time making us feel sorry for you.

... I'm done replying to this thread.

:qft:

1. Like someone else said, it sounds like you need a WHERE clause at the end of your SQL statement in order to narrow your results.  I'm guessing, based on what I've read, you want to determine if a user is banned or warned.  The simplest way to retrieve this info would be to do something like:

SELECT warning, banned FROM tablename WHERE username = $user

Naturally, you'll need to tweak it in order to work, but that should give you an idea.

2. Speaking as Nightslyr and not a guru, no one cares that you have ADD.  The other members in this thread have been more than helpful to you.  We're all volunteers here, even those of us on the team with our fancy little badges under our names.  We take time out of our day because we enjoy PHP, and like to help others as most of us were helped here or elsewhere at one time or another.  That does not mean we're obligated to help you, or that we somehow must do more for you than any other member seeking help.

This isn't middle school or high school.  There's no PHP Freaks special education department or customized IEP for certain members.  You will not get special treatment here.  As someone who was born with a permanent physical disability, one that prohibits me from walking, forces me to use an electric wheelchair for mobility, and an aide that must come daily for such simple things as going to the bathroom and bathing, I say stop using your disability as an excuse for failure.  You succeed or fail based on your own efforts, not due to life dealing you one bad card.

hey kingphillip, no offense,but i DO have a friggin learning disability. It's called ADD and i dont CARE what u all think, Im NOT afraid to say it.

Maybe you shouldn't watch so much TV.

seriously, how far do you expect to go with that as an excuse? It's not like people are standing in front of you trying to talk to you.  It's printed on a forum.  Even if you're alleged ADD causes you to randomly veer to the left or right, the post is still going to be there when you eventually come back.