INPORTANT ((if your on a shered host and got hacked or getting hacked info!

redarrow

Hi there all, it looks like there a massive hole, in some latest application's that host's run peoples servers on.

Unfortunately no one at the moment, don't no what, is what, or what application letting the new hackers in.

What has happen, is that there a hole some where in some or all new application used via the main stream holsters.

what happens to the main stream host, is that all index.php files, are deleted no matter what and replaced.

with the hackers group information index.php file uploaded via them..

remember there getting in the back end of the hard drive to replace the index.php file.

unfortunately no one yet no what application doing it.

but most main stream host's are on the ball and replacing ever think with backup's of your php files.

unfortunately no one even no, if the hackers have found away around the main operating system, that runs on main stream host company's.

what to do...

i got hacked, and yes my index.php file was over written via the hackers.

all i done was uploaded the index.php file i had backed up my self.

hope this helps anybody that getting these problems currently.

((remember there getting into the main host's hard drives(( your not getting hacked directly throw your account or accounts...

all the best redarrow.

thort ill write my piece on it, and what i done .....

if you do get this new hack,( don't be hard on your host, please it not there fault at all, remember if you got your backed up files on your pc, just upload the index.php file agin to your host.

can you imagine, the hard work, one go throw, in restoring all them account information over a index.php file amazing!

if i  was a host, ill tell ever body that they need to reload there index.php, i would not restore thousands of accounts.

come on if your into the internet BACKUP!

I dont no what shared host got this problem,

i was told from my wholesale host director today.

no names are being given at all.

sorry all i no , no names given

i don't want to publish my whole sale host ((personal reason's sorry))

but i am being truth all.

this is what i got from my host everybody, i am not lying....

Dear Customer,

Please be aware that a number of our servers have been victim to an advanced hacking technique, which has resulted in a number of webpages being replaced by the hacker group's protest page, with a further possible escalation of privileges on some servers.

Hence whilst we can restore websites from our backups and try and patch up existing servers, it is far more prudent to start with fresh operating system installs, and then restore data onto it. Therefore all affected servers will be taken offline one by one, re-installed and then data restored from our last set of backups which were run last weekend. This work will take place over this weekend, and you should expect a few hours of downtime whilst the work is done on your server.

One suggestion we have for customers who are on reseller plans or host multiple sites or important websites, is to migrate to your own VM(Virtual Machine), because operating within your own isolated environment offers greater protection for your websites in comparison to a shared hosting environment. Please contact us if you are interested in pursuing this solution.

A number of other web hosting companies have been hit with this hack recently, some of which have ended up going out of business. Whilst we will try our best to prevent this from happening again, it is the unfortunate reality of the online world that hackers will always find new and innovative ways to breach server security. A key action point for all customers is to ensure they always keep local backups of their data in the event of disasters.

So please sit tight and be patient as we try and overcome this situation. Everything should hopefully be back to normal after the weekend.

I very much doubt this is a widespread issue.

remember there getting in the back end of the hard drive to replace the index.php file.

((remember there getting into the main host's hard drives(( your not getting hacked directly throw your account or accounts...

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.