php guru

Also, judging by many of the badged members around here, a high level of sarcasm won't do any harm ;)

if (many_badged_members == CV){
      $sarcasm = true;
} else {
      $sarcasm = 'limited'; // which also happens to evaluate to true, doesn't it? ~
}

:shy:

Also, judging by many of the badged members around here, a high level of sarcasm won't do any harm ;)

if (many_badged_members == CV){
      $sarcasm = true;
} else {
      $sarcasm = 'limited'; // which also happens to evaluate to true, doesn't it? ~
}

:shy:

Notice: Use of undefined constant many_badged_members - assumed 'many_badged_members' in /home/daniel/test3.php on line 2

Notice: Use of undefined constant CV - assumed 'CV' in /home/daniel/test3.php on line 2

a high level of sarcasm won't do any harm ;)

We reserve sarcasm for those who think the following would be an acceptable exchange of information to find and fix a problem (a Car problem is used as a generic example, but this would apply equally to any situation where you are asking someone else, who is not standing right next to you, for help troubleshooting a problem.)

Someone's car has a problem that he/she has noticed when they try to use it and calls a car service center -

[HELPER]Hello, can I help you?

[OP]My car is not working correctly, what is the problem with it?

[HELPER]Well that statement contains zero helpful information, you will need to describe the symptoms that you noticed and give as much relevant information about where you can tell the symptom is occurring at and under what conditions the symptom occurs.

[OP]Well, my car is making a noise when I drive it.

[HELPER]OK, now I know a noise is occurring when the car is moving. Couldn't you have possibly volunteered that information without me telling you to do so? Without any more information from you about what type of noise or where on the car it is coming from, my best guess answer is that your car is making a noise that you don't like when you drive it and you should probably throw your car away and go get a new one.

[OP]OK, I can give you more information that I already knew about the problem but thought that you did not need to know it. It is a dragging noise coming from the back of the car.

[HELPER]So, have actually looked at the area where the noise is coming from in case this is a simple problem that you can fix yourself?

[OP]No, I was waiting around for someone to tell me to do that.

The above assumes that you know nothing about the parts on a car, other than that you can locate where the back of your car is. It concerns using your senses to make observations and communicating relevant information about what you did that caused the symptom and what you observed. The same applies if this was a programming problem. You don't have to be an experienced programmer in order to locate the code that is responsible for the symptom and state what data you were using or what action you were performing that produced the symptom.

After you have seen more than a few threads where the OP does not bother to volunteer available information about the problem and does not bother to investigate a problem that is occurring right if front of them, it is real easy to be sarcastic.

Awesome. Is this the board where we beg for special status? I was always thinking I'd like to be Staff Alumni to show my support. Just skip the whole administrator bit as well as being useful in any way.  :sarcastic:

no i was simply wondering how one could acquire the title....I agree with the troll title...PugJr is the first to get it lol.

Awesome. Is this the board where we beg for special status? I was always thinking I'd like to be Staff Alumni to show my support. Just skip the whole administrator bit as well as being useful in any way.  :sarcastic:

no i was simply wondering how one could acquire the title....I agree with the troll title...PugJr is the first to get it lol.

im second.

Just so you people know, if I was so called "trolling", I would be trolling myself.

I wasn't mocking you if you thought I was. What I said is truthful about myself. I contribute very little as far as PHP help goes to this forum. Just look at my post count. Its like 500 misc and then like 20 PHP help and some of the PHP help was asking for help, not even giving it.

Most of the reason due to the fact that I have my own PHP work cut out for me, so why should I do someone elses?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.